Thursday, May 7, 2009

Yes doctor, I would like to look cheap and fake please.




Now I never think of my self as an old fashioned girl, even though I am fond of washing my bras (please see previous post, but do it on an empty stomach)….but it seems I am old fashioned when it comes matters orthodontic.

I wore braces quite late in life because I wanted good straight teeth; it makes you face better and generally gives you a better bite and less jaw ache.

But can we stop with the freshly painted picket fences that people are going for? I can no longer watch the Tyra show without wearing dark glasses and dimming the lights and a night watching American Idol inspires a migraine and a touch of the vapors.

ALL of the judges seem to have gone to the same fake teeth school. I remember Kara DioGuardi never looked so, er white clean and straight as she did before joining the panel. Simon Cowell probably had some very bad teeth (well, he is British and it’s almost illegal there to have good teeth) and needed work but did he have to end up looking so – well, so much like a freshly erected picket fence?

It’s not a good look. It looks fake, it looks bought and it looks kind of cheap.

No comments: