Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Jackie - I didn't know you!


I am too young to recall anything about Jackie Kennedy Onassis' halcyon days as a fashion icon. I do remember though as I grew up being somewhat bemused by the constant touting of her as a fashion icon. I just could not see it.

It is really only within the last year that the scales have fallen from my eyes and I realise what an extraordinary stylish woman she was. I now can't get enough of her.

I settled in to watch a two hour documentary on her life the other night and was astounded that within the many many MANY outfits that we saw Jackie in - sports wear, riding gear, shopping frock, formal wear, at home wear, walking down the road outfits ....there was not one single moment - not a minute - when she did not look exquisite.

I have talked about French chic before on the blog and I saw that French style all through Jackie in this documentary. She had a Euro sensibility that was so becoming.

Jackie - I am sorry I dissed you - now I totally get you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A true icon!

RC Linda said...

I also remember Jackie in her Camelot days. As I grew older, she was always there in the news, and I always loved to see what was being said. She was beautiful in an elegant way, an elegance that is seldom seen, even in those days. She brought the world to it's knees with that quiet soft spoken personality...what was behind that smile...was she an ice queen behind closed doors, wearing an elegant pegnior, or was she a sex siren , is that what brought the Greek man down ? Books can be wrote, films can be made, but the true Jackie will forever be a secret, which is honestly the best way to leave this world. Leaving behind an image of elegant glamour and style...the image of the secret smile. That's the Jackie I saw always adore

Karla said...

uuh funky:) thanks!

x
karl

Anonymous said...

I agree with Linda - the enigmatic but human is a mesmerising combination .....