Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Beauty is in the eyebrow of the beholder

Sukaina al-Zayer is Saudi Arabia's current pageant queen – she holds the tile of the "Miss Beautiful Morals.” Qualifications? “Devotion and respect for her parents and commitment to Islamic morals.”
You can scoff at the Middle Eastern modesty but look at this girl. I imagine that by saying she is incredibly sexy, I am mortally offending her, but look at those eyebrows, look at those eyes! Now that’s sexy.

Whenever I see those women in complete hijab I always look closely – a peep of beautifully pedicured toe here, and exquisitely made up eye there, beautifully kept nails. It can be just a delight looking at the glimpses of skin.

Within the confines of what Ms al-Zayer is allowed to do – and granted, that’s hardly very much at all – she looks absolutely fabulous. And truly, I don’t give a damn about her morals.

No comments: