Monday, May 11, 2009

Excuse me, but what's with the hair?


I love Diane von Furstenberg, I really do. That wrap dress (created almost 40 years ago) never goes out of style and can be worn by ANYONE. Seriously, anyone. And she gives the best advice to ladies of a certain age (I look forward to being a lady of a certain age so I can follow her advice).

She is a star and we love her. But...(and there had to be a but....) what is with the hair?

I'm sorry but if anyone else turned up with that bull's wool we would deem them too much like Susan Boyle and ship them off to Kim Vo for a makeover. (You know Kim Vo. He's always turning up on Oprah letting women live their best lives by cutting their hair and turning them into cougars).

Why why why Diane, are you hanging onto the hair? it looks like it needs a good conditioning pack, a serious trim, a color retouch (and rethink) and a serious session under the lawn mower.

PS : I love you regardless.

2 comments:

Linda Caricofe said...

The hair, oh my, the hair. But even more than the hair, where is the jewelry. The lady has the world at her feet, wears the most fab clothes.. a fashion icon...and with the neckline of the dress she is wearing, no jewelry only calls attention to...you got it, the hair. My goodness, the hair.

Kipstar said...

I think she may have gone on record in the past as saying that as she gets older, she pares down her look and weras less and less. Not like our dear Coco Chanel who seemed to disappear under a bigger mound of pearls the older she got.

I also think a piece of very LARGE jewelry around aneckline can work wonders.

But you are right RC, the hair, my goodness gracious me!