Sunday, May 10, 2009

Some Trends for the Fall: I'm Not Buying







New York magazine has let us know that they have just divined the essential trends for fall and I tell you, some of them are just plain scary.

Velvet (the fabric) for everything, especially evening wear.
80’s disco garishness
The boyfriend jacket
Thigh high boots
Brick red
Leather
Leggings
A highly defined waist

Velvet always reminds me of Agatha Christie novels – grand dames with two much face powder and very old velvet frocks. And seriously, much of the other hardly screams “recession investment pieces” because girls, I am telling you, you wear thigh high boots for one season and you are sick sick sick of them. Not to mention sick sick sick of getting them on your legs every day. And those babies are not cheap. (Not that we are about cheap but you get where I am going with this ????)

What are your fall trends? I’m sticking with classics this year (and a few new pairs of shoes).

7 comments:

Odette said...

1. Shoes, of course, I'm not sure what style but I'm getting there.

2. A really good black jumper. Not a pullover thing to wear with jeans but a stylish Calvin Klein item.

3. Fashion magazines!

Anonymous said...

I've already bought a boyfriend jacket ---- too cool!

Sheller said...

How about a brick red velevt boyfriend jacket?

Mɵᴅʊsa said...

Uh, I wear my uncle's suit jacket, from when he was, like, 6 years old.

Does that count?

Kipstar said...

Raven - think you sound waaaaaaaay cool.

Sheller - you gave me a headache just thinking about your suggestion ......

Odette - so with you on the fashion mag front - food for the soul!

Thanks all for the comments!

RC Antiques Linda said...

Basic black darlings, as the canvas with the colors of your jewelry the paint. And shoes, oh yes, the shoes ! Basic black dressed up with the jewelry and shoes, that's my style..oh, then there's the purse. Oh my, must shop, shop, shop !

Kipstar said...

RC Antiques - I know! I know! Try as I might to get into the recession frame of mind, when times are tough I ALWAYS spend more. Would love to hear your views of antique jewelry and accessorizing....maybe a guets blog sometime .....PLEEEEASE??????