Thursday, May 7, 2009

Patti Smith: She Put the Rock in Chic




This week came the announcement that Patti Smith’s son, Jackson is going to marry White Stripes drummer Meg White on May 22.

Now this just gives me the ideal platform to discuss Patti. Ah Patti! The woman with the girl-next-door name and the stunning androgynous looks. Her album Horse – with photography by Robert Mapplethorpe – set a very high bar for musical high priestesses.
I stared at her photo for hours and yes, I wanted to be her.
But hello, excuse me? Has Patti had botox? A makeover? Recently she’s been stepping out in NYC looking well…….coiffured and er, glamorous.

You know I’m not a big one for telling people they have to keep to my idea of what they should look like, and Horses was released over 30 years ago. Salut Patti, whatever you choose to do!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: