Friday, June 19, 2009

Audrey Hepburn Speaks Words of Beauty


I was very taken by the new Audrey Hepburn photos released this week (see below). It reminded me of one of my favorite quotes of all time, which in fact comes from Audrey.

“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”

So I looked for other words of beauty from Audrey and these are the best ones I found :

On failed love : “Your heart just breaks, that's all. But you can't judge, or point fingers. You just have to be lucky enough to find someone who appreciates you.”

On friendship : “People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.”

On life : It's that wonderful old-fashioned idea that others come first and you come second. This was the whole ethic by which I was brought up. Others matter more than you do, so 'don't fuss, dear; get on with it.'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pure class