Sunday, June 21, 2009

Ah! the sweet smell of soap


I really don't like to use this blog to plug anything...... but recently a friend bought me the most delicious soap I have EVER EVER used and there's a fabulous story behind it worth sharing.

Arghand soap can be bought in the US but is made in Afghanistan and is being made as substitute industry for poppy farming. Make no mistake - this soap isn't some poor, welfare, charity soap, it is beautifully luxurious with a wonderful lather and a variety of perfumes that last for ages. Apricot sweet almond, cumin and anise. Pomegranate, coconut, pistachio, rose ....... wonderful! The soaps are made to resemble pebbles.

The story behind Arghand is so inspiring that I had to post all about it on my blog. Find the website here. When I was looking up Arghand I came upon this article written by the founder of the enterprise. It is a fascinating look into making the soap business work. I tell you if you don't want to buy some soap after reading this article you have ice in your veins.

I have always always loved soap, and now I love Arghand soap.

2 comments:

Nicotone said...

There is something to be said about well milled soaps. When I can find cheap French milled soaps on the cheap, I get 'em. Mostly for my mother, sisters, and female co-workers but I save tne lemon/lime verbana for me...don't tell anyone.

Kipstar said...

Yes, we should all revel in a luxury soap, and they can be found in surprising places. A little Chinese grocery store near me sells 67c jasmine soap and I tel you, it is to die for.

And of course by buying this soap you smell good and feel good.

Personally Nicotone, I think a man who takes care of himself is so much better than some meat head who doesn't!